- Hotel and flight
Cozumel is the biggest island of the Mexican Caribbean and the first geographical location in Mexico to receive the sun rays each day. It is a place not to be missed by couples, families, groups of friends, or lonely travelers seeking for phenomenal experiences. There´s for all kinds of tastes: swimming with rays and all types of colored fish, witnessing the representation of the Ix Chel ritual, bike riding along the coast, feeling nature, enjoying a unique romantic retreat, among others. Cozumel is the place to encourage yourself to do something you have never done before.
If you are only looking for peace and relax....
If you are looking for a moment of peace and quiet, to be in touch with yourself, with nature or your loved ones, Cozumel is the place. Perfect for yoga practice, to carry out a detox, to go through an introspective journey, surrounded by natural gems; in this piece of heaven you´ll sure go back home in a different state as you entered, in harmony and with a big smile.
- Cozumel means Land of Swallows (Cuzam: swallow, Luumil: place).
- The Museum of the Island is built on what once was a luxurious hotel, there you can learn about the history of Cozumel along its four exhibition halls.
- Cozumel´s bike path goes all the way around the island, 111 miles of touring!
- Diving is legendary in Cozumel: at the end of the 1950s it was so considered as a mere romantic fishermen village, but by 1961 when the famous French oceanographer Jacques Cousteau made a documentary about its unique and unrivalled beauty, Cozumel earned the world title of one of the five best spots for diving internationally.
- In 1996 the area between Paradise Reef and Punta Chiqueros was declared protected natural area.
Weather and location
Cozumel is located on the eastern tip of Yucatan´s Peninsula, on the state of Quintana Roo, 12 miles from Playa del Carmen. In just 35 minutes you can reach Cozumel by ferry. Due to its location, Cozumel is part of a tropical area, its climate is warm and humid, and although there dry and rainy seasons, there´s sun 10 months a year.
Average temperature: 80°F.
Between winter and summer, temperatures fluctuate from 67°F to 95°F.
Extension: 32 miles from north to south, and almost 9 miles from east to west.